Hello,

This is acually a servlet question, but if the answer is what I think it
is, then it becomes a jsp question.

I have a javascript  file which calls a java servlet in a window, i.e.:

window.open (url to servlet, blah, blah)

The following javascript is created by the servlet to return values into
the form of the "window.opener" .html (I left out the "out.println" for
easier reading):

<script language='javascript'>
var codeData, textData, numberData;
 function closeThisWindow(codeData, textData, numberData) {
  if (numberData == '1') {
   window.opener.document.forms[0].naics1.value = codeData;
   window.opener.document.forms[0].naicsText1.value = textData;
  }
  window.close();
 }
</script>

I get an error "access denied" in Internet Explorer.  Netscape navigator
just says 'javascript error'.  I saved the .html which was created by
the servlet in the window, and modified the original .html to call the
servlet-created .html, just to test.  Same data, but it works.  So, my
question is:  can a servlet return data into form fields from a window?
If not, can I accomplish the same goal using jsp?

Thanks, much.

-ron

--

Ron Parker