Hi All,

I'm having problems using JSP to forward simple requests to a
static HTML page ( as per the example on p.67 of the JSP 1.1 PR
Spec ).

My development environment is JDK 1.2.2, Orion 0.7.5b, Servlet
API 2.2 and JSP 1.1. Browser is IE 4.01

The following very simple JSP works fine

<jsp:forward page='login.html' />

but when I try to use a variable or a bean method to specify
the same static page

<% String theStaticPage = "login.html"; %>
<jsp:forward page='<%= theStaticPage %>' />

I get a blank browser page back. Looking at the source of the
blank page shows:

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Anybody know what's going on ???

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Janes
HSBC Asset Management
London
UK

This information (including any attached information) is issued by
a member of the HSBC Asset Management Group of companies for the
information of its non-private customers only.  It is not an
invitation to buy or sell securities. HSBC Asset Management makes
no representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to
its completeness or accuracy.

Each page attached hereto must also be read in conjunction with any
disclaimer which forms part of it.