Title: Servlet/JSP Architecture

I just started to work on a web based application. I think, I would like to see it done this way. A client requests a URL.

1) The web server directs the URL request to a servlet.
2) The servlet checks for the client's privileges
3) The servlet creates beans or gets their references from the cache and invokes a JSP passing the beans.
The goal is to have MVC type application.

I have a few questions about the technology required to implement this solution. I should  probably add that this is going to be my first internet application.

To all of you I thank you in advance for any suggestions or code samples.

The questions are:

1) How do you create a global list of references (cache for beans). The list has to be visible to all sessions. Scope etc.

2) How do you decide when to remove an object from cache if you don't know for how long a user will be looking at a given page.

3) How do you call a JSP from a controlling servlet and pass the required bean references.
3) How do you force people to log to your application.

Do you guys know of some code samples that will make this architecture easier to implement?

Andrzej Kobus