Hi guys,

  First I apologize if I am posting something that is not
  Servlet/JSP related but I am not sure where else I can
  get helps from. We are trying to set up our environment
  with Oracle 8i on Linux RedHat 6.0 but keep on having the same issues
  during the Oracle installation.

  The problem is when we run the runInstaller.sh, it prompts Oracle
  Universal Interface cannot continue if the User is root/Oracle :Not such
file or Directory
  ( we have try both user).

  when we run the runIns.sh directory, it prompts "cannot allocate colormap
  Entry for default background"

  Has anyone experienced similar problem before? Any help will be greatly
  appreciated. Thanks.

Fran