Avunoori Venkat wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to JSP world. I am trying to run the examples given in the JSWDK
> 1.0(Win NT), but couldn't.....
>
> When I started the server (startserver at DOS prompt) the result was->>
> JSDK WebServer Version 2.1
> Loaded configuration from file:D:\jswdk-1.0\webserver.xml
> endpoint created: localhost/127.0.0.1:8080
>
> So I tried no.1 first, it gave error like below:
> 1)
> Action->>
> http://localhost/127.0.0.1:8080/examples/jsp/cal/cal1.jsp

The endpoint message format is a bit confusing. It means that the server is
lsitening to either localhost:8080 *or* 127.0.0.1:8080. "localhost" is the
standard name used for the 127.0.0.1 IP address which is usually (always?)
defined for a host and can be used for TCP/IP based communication between
processes on the same host.

So you should use a URL like

  http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/cal/cal1.jsp

or

  http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/jsp/cal/cal1.jsp

> Then I tried without localhost in the address, but still got a different
> error like below:
> 2)
> Action->>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/jsp/cal/cal1.jsp
>
> Result->>
> Proxy Error
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
>  to complete your request.
> Please contact the server administrator.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/jsp/cal/cal1.jsp.
> Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

Most likely you have your browser configured to send all requests through
a proxy server, and the proxy doesn't understand that "localhost" or
"127.0.0.1" refer to your own machine (since they are generic addresses).
Change the proxy settings in your browser so that requests for "localhost"
and "127.0.0.1" are not sent to the proxy. In Netscape browsers you can do
this in Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Proxies

--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com