Thanks for the tip.  It is actually a JSP Bean that gets the handle to the
 servlet.
When you say "making a call to this servlet" do you mean calling it thru
 HTTP?
 I don't think that would work for me, since it returns a sql Connection....
 Do you know why they deprecated it?  Is there any other way to get a handle
to it?

 Thanks,
 Neal

> > The getServlet() method has been deprecated and can return null in new
> Servlet
> > engine implementation.
> > You might want to make a call to this servlet when the servlet engine
> starts or
> > write a method making a call to this servlet if the object is not
> available in the
> > servletContext.
> >
> > Olivier
> >
> > Neal Kaiser wrote:
> >
> > >  I have a database pooling servlet which I need to load at startup
time
> then
> > > reference many times later. I've switched from JRun and am trying out
> > > OrionServer, but can't seem to get it to work. Here's my
> web-application.xml
> > > snippet:
> > >
> > >  -------
> > >         <servlet>
> > >                  <servlet-name>GlobalConnectionBroker</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>net.anythingcreative.db.GlobalConnectionBroker</servlet-class