It's hard to see what you are trying to acheive without seeing the specifics
of your project, but a brief explanation may help.

Scenario:
I want to produce a frames like site in which I have an advertising banner
across the top of the page, a nav bar on the left and a content pane on the
right. Naturally, the contents of the content pane will change, but the
other two will remain fairly static.

To achieve this with JSP I would put all of the <HTML><BODY>,etc. tags in
the page which contains the contents.

---------------------
<HTML>
<BODY>
<TABLE WIDTH=100%>
  <TR>
    <TD COLSPAN=2>
      <!- This is our banner 'frame' -->
       <jsp:include myBannerPage>
    </TD>
  </TR>
  <TR>
    <TD>
      <!- This is our navigation 'frame' -->
       <jsp:include myNavPage>
    </TD>
    <TD>
      <!- This is our contents 'frame' -->
       ...contents...
    </TD>
  </TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
---------------------

The banner and nav pages shouldn't contain any of the header tags
(<HEAD><BODY>,etc.).

---------------------
<!-  My Nav Page -->
<TABLE>
  <TR>
    <TD>
      <A HREF="link1.htm">link1</A>
    </TD>
  </TR>
  <TR>
    <TD>
      <A HREF="link2.htm">link2</A>
    </TD>
  </TR>
</TABLE>
---------------------

In this scenario that's fine because I don't wan't users to see the nav or
banner pages outside the context of the 'frames'.
If I did want them to be viewed stand-alone, I would write a proxy page.-

<HTML>
<BODY>
       <jsp:include myBannerPage>
</BODY>