Title: RE: Converting ActiveX objects into Beans

For your information, Java developers journal (OCT 1999, issue) has in-depth example in writing JAVA-COM object.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 11:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Converting ActiveX objects into Beans

Hi Mike:

Since neither Servlets nor JSP require any Java 1.2 support (in fact, every
IBM site I know of uses JDK 1.1.7 or 1.1.8) you may be able to use the
Microsoft Java VM to run your servlet engine.

If you can do this, wrapping ActiveX in Java is a piece of cake with the
latest MS SDK for Java (or Visual J++ 6.0). The MS JVM automatically creates
java callable wrappers for any COM object. They have a utility called
JActiveX that creates the beans for you. So you end up with standard Java
Beans that can be called from any Servlet and/or JSP.

I have a vague recollection of someone else posting that they were using the
MS JVM for their servlet engine - I think JRUN will work with it, but can
not say for sure.

Ian