I think this answer might help you. Please try it out.

You call your function or anything either a .jsp page or a .txt etc. by including
it in the jsp page or calling page.
<%@ include file = "date.jsp"%>  date.jsp is an example.

Regards,
Suresh Kumar

"Wen B. Sun" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my JSP, I have a combination of scriptlet and html code that I want
> to call in different places.  I don't want to copy and paste the same
> code all over the place to clutter my code.  Is there a way to define a
> function in JSP to contain this combination of scriptlet and html code?
> That way, I can just call this function in my JSP and avoid this messy
> copy and pasting.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Wen B. Sun

> FAQs on JSP can be found at:

>From the Desk of Suresh Kumar Nittala

N. Suresh Kumar
Software Engineer
VisualSoft (India) Limited.
1271, Road No.1, Jubilee Hills
Hyderabad - 500 033

Telephone: +91-40-3545671/3546714/3544545
Fax      : +91-40-3607637

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       http://www.visualsoft-india.com