I think that you can still do this with one servlet.  In earlier posts
(subject - Which Architecture), Craig discussed a servlet design that used
an action parameter in the servlet request to determine how to handle the
request.  It seems to me that you have at least one additional dimension,
i.e. region, that you need to determine how to handle the request.

You could either pass this extra parameter in every request or once it's
determined you could save it in the user's session.  Either way, the logic
for handling the extra dimension is the same.

David