Hi !

I am trying to use a bean in a JSP page using the beanName attribute of the
<jsp:useBean> tag, giving IT a request-time attribute expression, with a
syntax like:

  <jsp:useBean id="mybean" scope="session" beanName=<%=
session.getValue("billtoname") %> type="a.b.MyBean"/>

And the servlet dispatching to this JSP page has the following line to set
the attribute:

  HttpSession session;
  session.putValue("billtoname","a.b.MyBean");

And this does not work. I have tried very many variant of the above, to no
avail.

btw, if I repace the request-time attribute expression by a String, like :

  beanName="a.b.MyBean"

everything works just fine. What did I miss ?

Thanks, Martin.

Martin Leboeuf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]