From: Govind Seshadri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 11:03 PM
To: Khurram Mahmood
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AW: Redirection to another page

The Servlet 2.1 API unequivocally states that relative URLs are not
permitted with response.sendRedirect(). See the following API link:
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.1/api/javax.servlet.http.HttpServletR
esponse.html#sendRedirect(javax.servlet.http.String)

But you know what? You are right! It seems you can indeed use relative
URLs with sendRedirect(). I am now not sure whether this is a bug or an
unintended 'feature'...  :->

I have appropriately modified the FAQ entry. Thanks for pointing it out.

Govind

Khurram Mahmood wrote:

> I think jguru is wrong about this one. I have been using sendRedirect()
with