David Wall wrote:

> Has anybody seen this recent problem (I've only seen it with IE5 so
> far) that appears with Jason Hunter's file upload servlet (actually
> com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest):
>
> The servlet throws: Corrupt form data: no leading boundary
>
> So, I put in a trace, and I sometimes have no problem with the upload
> and the first line matches the boundary. But in the exception
> condition, they are not quite the same...
>
> DEBUG: boundary: -----------------------------7cf2bca2f8
> DEBUG: length: 6552
> Read first line: -----------------------------7cf280a2f8
>
> Is this a new bug with IE5 under some unknown circumstances?  After
> all, I can repost the form and it will work just fine.  There's
> something odd since I had not seen it before for several months of
> using the Hunter class.

Yes, I've started to get reports on this now and then, only from people
using IE5.  So if you're using IE5, please do a test upload to
http://www.servlets.com/book/examples/ch04/upload.html (50K max)
and email me privately with your "yea" or "nay" success results.
Explanations and solutions you come up with by looking at the
MultipartRequest code are welcome too.  :-)  (I don't have IE5
installed anywhere, and would like to keep it that way.)

-jh-

--
Jason Hunter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]