>     You need to use javascript. Here is a cheesy example:
> THE SCRIPT
> <script>
> function checkFields() {
>  theValue = document.forms[0].whatever.value;
>  if (isNaN(theValue) == true) {
>   alert("Whatever must be numeric!");
>   document.forms[0].whatever.value = "";
>   }
> }

Is there a way to make the Javascript talk with the java beans at the time
of JSP page creation?  That is, suppose my bean has a list of valid values
for a field.  I want the Javascript to check that a field when POSTed is one
of those valid values.  How do I make the transfer of the information in the
java bean into an Array or the like in Javascript?

David