Hello Michael,

I'm with the team behind Orion so I want to point out that I'm very partial :)

I just wanted to say that Orion's JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2 support is not beta. The
full application server is however in beta since we haven't fully solved all bugs
in certain other parts of J2EE yet. Orion has supported JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2 for

a long time and the latest versions implement the final (dec 17 version) of the
specs. I would also like to point out that Orion is a full application server that
allows you to do alot of things you cannot do using a servlet engine, so it's
somewhat a comparison of apples and bananas. If you go with a full application
server you get access to all the J2EE technologies.

I guess you don't trust me when it comes to discussing other implementations either

but I have tried them all and of the other three the best recommendation I can give

is Resin. It's our only competitor when it comes to performance, it gets with the
latest specs without long delays and Scott Ferguson personally answers basically
every question that's posted to their mailing list. However I cannot answer for how

far away they are from a final 1.1 version.

I didn't know ServletExec did JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2, is this very recent? Or an
early private beta?

I seem to remember ServletExec getting the JSP 1.0 version out September 30th,
almost at the same time as the first Orion with JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2 support
(October 3rd).

I haven't tried the latest JRun beta, so I won't comment on that either, but
judging from earlier versions, if I was to choose between JRun, ServletExec and
Resin (obviously disregarding Orion here) I'd go with Resin without a doubt.

Regards,
Karl Avedal
The Orion team