We plan to use the Model 2 architecture to develop our applications, as
described in Govind Seshadri's article "Understanding JSP Model 2
Architecture"
(http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-1999/jw-12-ssj-jspmvc.html).  I
have a couple of questions about Model 2:

Should the application's main URI invoke the controller servlet or the
JSP?  The diagram in the article implies that the controller should receive
the initial request, but the sample from the article uses a JSP as the
entry point to the app.

Should we use a single controller servlet per application, or one per major
function within an application (e.g., a login controller, a search controller)?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Ginny