-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 2:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Writing a simple tag library...

Jason writes...

> I also pointed out that such a library has yet to be written.
> Not even a little demo one yet that I know of.  That makes me suspect
> it's a hard task, but more importantly it implies that we're blazing
> new ground here and may not yet know enough about this technology area
> to define a good standard.  We all know it's hard to make an early
> implementation the Right implementation.  I'm not saying it can't
> happen.  Just be realistic.

I agree that examples, examples, examples, is what we need most at this
point.

We have been busy and have also had to find a simple and easy mechanism
for the distribution of even simple examples.  We have found one in a
project within Jakarta and we expect to start placing very simple
examples there.  This will not be "the standard library", the focus is
mostly on showing how to get started but I expect that some simple
useful tags will show up there too.

We will announce when the examples start being available.