I create a servlet called MyFirst.java as stated in the example and placed the bytecode in the <server root>/servlets directory. I managed to call the servlet using http://localhost:8080/servlet/MyFirst  . Everything seems to be okay.

However, when I removed the bytecode explicitly from the <server root>/servlets directory, by right, it should show me error "404, file not found". But it showed me the same result as if I did not remove the bytecode.

Where does the result came from? Am I missing something here?

Any explanation would be appreciated.
Thanks.