Yes , I meant that only. passing a random no wont give any problem. For
Netscape I dont know much. I have not tried my jsps on them. Also I am using
the get method not post. because the data I am passing is not much.And post
method doesnt work properly with my jsps.
The another alernative is to use stateful session bean(if you are using
EJB). after each post put the data  in  the bean and you can access the data
on the next page without any problems.

Ashwani