In terms of code organization, it makes sense to use JavaMail in a bean that
is used by a JSP page, rather than putting JavaMail code into a JSP page
directly.

Professional Java XML Programming with Servlets and JSP, WROX 1999, has a
JavaMail application that uses JSPs both as the main "servlet"/controller
and as templates for output.

adn