Title: re: My boss needs convincing

Regarding certain emails that i have received and replies on the jsp-interest newsgroup that I read regarding what i said about .jsp extensions must be Java Server Pages, let me clarify what I said.

First and foremost i still stand by what i've said, .jsp extensions are Java Server Pages.

.jsp extensions that are javascript pages would have the broadvision tag, if it doesn't have it, then it's a java server page,  if it does have it there then it's not a jsp, but if it did have the tag then the question would not have been asked.

Secondly, regarding mapping, well you guys are right, you could map anything to .whatever, but in basic software engineering principles, why would anyone do that.  When you declare a variable, you don't call it whatever, you call it by whichever non-reserved word would properly reflect it's use.  I guess i'm somewhat of a stickler when it comes to ANSI programming and hungarian notation and so on.  But there are Software Engineering rules to follow nevertheless.

If it's not a Java Server Page, then why would you make it seem like so?  Simple Question.

On the other hand, regarding my first email on the subject, I aplogize for being so blunt.

Bobby Kaushal
Programmer Analyst

Webmaster Rule Number One
When a potential employer/client asks you if you've ever worked with XYZ software running on platform ABC, say "yes" quickly and with great assurance. Then run home, fire up the Net, and figure out what the hell they were talking about.