I'm not that newbye ;-))

Session tracking in this case doesn't work with cookie !!  (i don't know
how it works ...) It's the Simple session manager of Iplanet WebServer)

I tried on netscape it nevers asked me to store a cookie (with the
proper option activated , for sure)
I tried on IE4 , and it nerver asked me to store a cookie (with the
proper option activated , for sure)

but the session Tracking works !

With IE5 , it doesn't work . Is it a problem with the simple session
manager and IE5 !

Here is my JSP

Bidon == Dummy ;-)

<head>
<title>Document sans-titre</title>
</head>
<jsp:useBean id="testBidon" scope="session" class="utils.Bidon" />
<% testBidon.processRequest %>
<%= testBidon.afficheEtat() %>   //  showState ;-)

Here is the way JSP engine creates the servlet (part of...)

utils.Bidon testBidon = null;
boolean _jspx_specialtestBidon  = false;
synchronized (session) {
      testBidon= (utils.Bidon)

pageContext.getAttribute("testBidon",PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
      If ( testBidon == null ) {
          _jspx_specialtestBidon = true;
          try {
              testBidon = (utils.Bidon)
Beans.instantiate(getClassLoader(), "utils.Bidon");
              } catch (Exception exc) {
                 throw new ServletException (" Cannot create bean of
class "+"utils.Bidon");
                 }
              pageContext.setAttribute("testBidon", testBidon,
PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);

it seems that it uses the pageContext to scope the session ... ??

Thanks for your help.