Pedro Meza: [Wednesday 5-April]:

> I have been trying to add JSP capabilities to Nestcape Enterprise
> 4.0.

Easier said than done, eh?

> I downloaded and installed JDK 1.2, but I get the error when running
> a test jsp file hello.jsp:
>
> warning (8420):  JSP compilation error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> sun/tools/javac/Main, stack: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> sun/tools/javac/Main
>
> I know that usually means the tools.jar is not in the classpath but I
> have it in the path.
>
> CLASSPATH:
>
>/opt/server4/docs/jdk1.2/lib/tools.jar:/opt/server4/docs/jdk1.2/src.jar:/opt/server4/docs/jdk1.2/servlet.jar

So, what did you do to install them?  According to the docs, all you
have to do is enable them in the admin server and specify a JDK
directory there as well.  I don't think that you do have to se the JDK
directory into the CLASSPATH with the 1.2 JDK.

BTW, I've had a lot of trouble installing this server on both Red Hat
6.1 Linux as well as Solaris.

-Eric.

--
|    ||   |||  ||         r a z o r f i s h , new york

eric berg
[ senior technologist ]