Hi,
I'm currently working on an i18n prototype and need
you guru input before I go too far.
The orignal web site totally has 700+ pages including
jsp and few html. For the primary consideration, we
now just want to work with localization of static
content in page. We want to achieve:
   1. based on user language preference, display the
pages in user's language.
   2. avoid to keep x copies of 700+ pages for
x languages, instead, only keep one copy, so that we
don't bother to change the UI.

To do this, first come to my mind is to use database.
Separate the static content in page as blocks and
assign ids to blocks. Put these content blocks in
database. In jsp page, we have placehold for these
contents. Then for every request for that page(jsp),
queries the database and pulls out content blocks for
that page. Also use database, we can easily manage and

coordinate(web based) the localization, like sending
email if any content block be change in page XX.

For alternative I could imagine is use XML. Each page
has a corespond xml file. In jsp page, parser is
called to take xml file and fill in content.

Is this the way to do the job, or is there any tool
to work with jsp for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Hui Deng