I'm trying to use file.lastModified() to get the last mod date of a file
and then print on the screen as a string. The problem is it looks
like lastModified() returns a long? Do I have to covert my long to a
string and then use SimpleDateFormater to format it how I want or
is there a way to go right from my long to the date format I want?

Here's what I would like to do:...

<%
String logFileDate = null;
File logFile = new
File("/app/webdocroot/insidectm/logs/coxdirect/2000/cdcor2000repo
rt.htm" );
if( logFile.exists() )
{
        DateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat(  "dd-MM-yyyy"  );
        logFileDate = df.format(logFile.lastModified());
}
%>

any help greatly appreciated.
Rick