I'm forwarding a question that started on the tomcat-user list server:

As in the situation when the user submits a request that requires a session
and they don't have one or it has expired, so you want to save the request
parameters, forward to a login page, and then get them back when the user
has been authenticated?

I've been wondering myself about an elegant way to do this, without changing
my existing code that reads and
verifies request parameters. Saving the request object in the session also
occurred to me, but didn't seem like a good design approach from a
conceptual point of view. Is this even possible?

Scott Evans