At 4/17/2000 03:48 PM -0700, Kevin Duffey wrote:

<snip>

>I will say, even if you do load it all up during the init method, if there
>is a way to "reload" the XML config file without restarting the server, its
>possible you can "add" new action classes and thus add new forms/pages to
>use those actions without shutting down the server...one advantage to having
>the code you wrote..plus, if the object isn't null, it never uses the code
>you have anyways..so your safe.

</snip>

Let's assume that the Hashxxx you use to store your list of request URIs is
stored as an attribute of your servlet context. Then:

         HashTable uriList = (HashTable)
servlet.getServletContext().getAttribute("urilist");

Since you can get & set attributes this way into your servlet context (and
the servlet we are talking about here is your controller servlet), then you
could easily write an action class that reloads this object from your xml
configuration file; thus achieving dynamic reloading. Naturally, the uri
used to do this (ReloadConfig.do) would be part of your admin area with
security restrictions....

Just a thought,

Mike