Vadim,

I'm not having problems with the *.do mappings.  My question was in the use
of additional path information in the URL. It used to be that you could have
information in between the mapped servlet name and the parameter list of the
URL. You would then use getPathInfo() in your controller servlet to retrieve
the information.

For example:
If you had *.do mapped to you controller servlet, and a HTML form that
posted to "/Forward.do/here?method=get" then the controller servlet would be
invoked and you could use the getPathInfo() method to find out that "/here"
had been appended to the end of the servlet path.

Now if you want to do something like this, you have to map *.do* and then
parse the information yourself from the servlet path. Which makes me
question what use getPathInfo() has.  Won't a call to this method always
return null? Or is that just the case for mapped servlets?

Maybe Craig or someone else on the list can answer this.

--Bill