Hi,

Regarding applet caching... A solution has been "there" since a long
time ago(at least 3-4 years). It is called Channels and it was developed
by some members of the original team that created Java. They lef Sun and
created a company called Marimba and developed something like applets
which are dowloaded the first time and then cached, later on just the
classes/files modified since the last time are downloaded and updated
again and the rest is run locally. I always wonder why Sun didn't
standardize this approach, like CGI-> servlet, ASP -> JSP as it would
have boosted the client side development in Java, which is pretty much
dead when we talk about the whole Internet. Anyway, this company focused
in the Fortune-500 companies as customers so their prices are(at least
were) very very high and thus the quotes around "there" in my first
sentence.
Just my 2c,
Dan
Daniel Lopez Janariz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Web Services
Computer Center
Balearic Islands University

<snipped>