> Servlet is having init & destroy method, for initialization
> and closing.
>
> Is there any similar feature present in JSP - Bean.
>
> For e.g if my bean involves database manipulation. i want to
> open connection
> objects while initializing and i will have to close all the
> connections when
> the bean gets destroyed.

In my opinion You should never ever do that.
Because You are never able to know, when the bean is actually destroyed.

Instead use connection pooling, get the connection from the pool just
before the transaction and return it back immediately.

BR,
Kare 8^)

--
Kare Nuorteva, programmer
Satama Interactive, Henry Fordin katu 6 FIN-00150 HELSINKI