I run different instances of Tomcat for different contexts. Each
context has a server.xml file in its home directory. Since I upgraded
to Tomcat 3.1 I use the -f option with startup.sh to point to the
right server.xml. This works fine for starting up, but when shutting
down I get a
"java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused" error. I tried
shutdown.sh with the -f option, and also running it with the directory
where server.xml is as the current directory, but no luck. It seems to
try to shutdown the server declared in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.

Can anybody throw some light on this?

Thanx,
Gert Koning
University of South Africa