Well cobinations are used either because certain functionality is
unavailable in one component or because the combination provides the best
performance for large applications. Though JRUN can run on it's own IIS5 is
used so that along with IIS5 the JRUN functionality is also usable. so JRUN
is installed as a component. The same with tomcat. or Resin.

As to where you'll get details about Servlets engines got to

http://www.servlets.com/

Vinod

                    "Aggarwal, Pawan"
                    <pawan.aggarwal@HPSG        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    LOBAL.COM>                  cc:
                    Sent by: A mailing          Subject:     Why do we use
combinations??
                    list about Java
                    Server Pages
                    specification and
                    reference
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    UN.COM>

                    05/11/00 04:14 PM
                    Please respond to A
                    mailing list about
                    Java Server Pages
                    specification and
                    reference

Hi All,

I have a doubt...
When you need to use JSP as well as Servlets + Beans then often you use a
combination
Of lets say Apache server with Tomcat or NES with NAS..

Why do we do this...??
We use JRUN with IIS coz IIS has no support for JSP so JRUN acts provides a
servlet engine
But some times either of this combination has support for both JSP as well
as Servlet.

Also let me know where can i get the list of all available servers with
their add-ons..and the platform
They run over..

Thanks in advance\