Hello,
Yes, I am new to Java and to JSP. My background is Perl and doing web
development. Anyway, I have an interest in learning JSP, but I am not going
to get the job done using the Tutorial on the sunsoft site.

It assumes that I know what a bean is and it is very confusing for an entry
person to start following.

So are there any books or tutorials that go slowly into this as opposed to
diving in too deep that one gets lost?
And maybe learning JSP requires learning Java first?
If someone has any ideas how to learn this efficiently, and smartly, I would
like to hear from you.

Thanks

Scott Purcell