we are developing a java application using servlet but after a few runs the
application slows down. We noticed that this happens once the JVM's heap size reaches
16M. I would assume the garbage collection would be invoked and clear up the heap but
this does not seem to be happening. We have tried to use finalize() methods and
system.gc() also in the objects that are being created so that the garbage collector
can free up the memory but nothing seems to be bringing the heap size down. Even
leaving the computer idle for some time does not seem to be freeing up the resources.
Any clues?

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com