We have used JRun extensively, for pretty high volume users.
Since you are not looking at a high volume of transactions, JRun should be
pretty much scalable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Radhakrishnan, Sanjay (c)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 2:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Offtopic: Architecture Question

We are building a B2B exchange for the semiconductor industry. Theres  a
intranet version which is going to support 150 users, we are currently in
the process of building using JSP/Servlets and JavaBeans, we are using
DbConnectionBroker for connectionpooling services and JRUN as the
JSP/Servlet platform.

Question: The Client wants us to build an internet version of the system,
and obviously it has to be much more scalable(probably about 10,000 or more
users) than the intranet version. My Question is do we have to re-architect
the intranet system and go for an App Server like BEA Weblogic or IBM
WebSphere or does/can the Jrun architecture handle this load.  This system
is not very transaction intensive and does not have the data concurrency
problems which most OLTP systems have.

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks for your time
Sanjay