i have a simplistic suggestion, and if anyone doesn't think this is a good
idea, please explain why (I am still learning all this). why not place a
dummy doGet method in Servlet B that calls the doPost method?

-----Original Message-----
From: Serbulent Ozturk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 11:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: doPost() to doGet() via RequestDispatcher

Hi,

My Servlet-(A) gets a POST request from a form after processing it I need to
pass it to another Servlet-(B) but I need to pass it to Servlet(B)'s doGet()
method.  As the original request line was POST, it always invokes
Servlet-(B)'s doPost().

<PRE>
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/B").include(req, res);
<PRE>

I guest I can set an attribute in the request in the Servlet-(A) before
dispatching and retrieve it at the begginning of Servlet-(B) doPost() and if
true call the doGet(), as a work around.

However, although I could not fond t in API Socumentation, I think there
must/should be a convential way of changing the Method type in the
Request-Line dynamically, as it is encapsulated as an object, i.e.
HttpServletRequest.

Any ideas?

Bulent