> [is] there... a simple way to include an absolute url
        > (eg. http://www.yahoo.com) in the jsp file?

Yunyun:

Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking how to include information from
a document given its absolute url; or are you asking how to create an href
link to an absolute url?

>From your example (yahoo), I assume you are asking how to include an href
link. (The alternative is accomplished through JSP's include tag).

Here are a couple of ways jsp may return an href to a browser:

1.    The easy, static way is just place your html code outside the <% %>
jsp tags, i.e.:

    /* close your scriptlet block */
    %>
    <%
    /* continue your scriptlet processing...
    *  anything entered outside jsp tags is passed to the browser, without
processing.
    *  if it is a valid html code, the browser will process it, creating the
example href link.
    */

2.    A dynamic way may be done as something like this:

    <%   // our scriptlet will process and return our html href tag
            String tmp ;

            // the calling html page passes an option to the jsp as a
variable,
            // such as http://mySite.com/myJSP.jsp?ref=yahoo
            String ref   = request.getParameter("ref") ;

            // then test the variable...
            if ref.equals( "yahoo" ) {
                tmp = "<p>Visit Yahoo by clicking here: " +
                           "<a href='http://www.yahoo.com'>Visit
Yahoo!</a></p>" ;
                out.println( tmp ) ;
            }
            else {
                // do something else...
            }
    %>

Of course, you also can mix the logic of these options, eliminating, for
example, the need for out.println().

Hopefully this answers your question. Please forgive me if I misunderstood
it.

Phil