Im trying to convert some older HTML pages that download dynamically generated data
from the server to a pc.  Im using JDK1.1.7a and JSP 0.9 for converting.

Any help on where I can find an example of how to do this, or what is a good way to
implement in a JSP/Servlet?

The data being downloaded is dynamically created based on user search criteria; ( this
would not be like
the user picks a file to download). I need to try and make this work for as many
browsers / pc types as possible.

The existing HTML/livewire code does something like this for netscape browsers: where
textout is
the dynamic content being downloaded.

deleteresponseHeader("content-type");
addResponseHeader("content-type", "multipart/mixed;boundary=NewPartHere");
write('content-type: application/qif\n\n');
write(unescape(textout));
write('\n==NewPartHere\n');
write('content-type: text/html\n\n);

The internet explorer download code looks like this:
where textout is the dynamic content:

write('<FORM METHOD="post" NAME="qif_download_ex" ACTION="/qifdnld.qif">\n')

write('INPUT NAME="QIFString" TYPE="hidden" VALUE="'+textout+'">\n');

Thank You!