FYI, this is something being looked into for the next JSP spec.   It'd be
nice to be able to use primitive data types in the context mentioned below.

Scott Stirling

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 2:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Custom Tag Scripting Variables

As I understand it, you'll have to use the object equivalents to these types
(Boolean, Integer, and so on), and then convert them to their base types on
an
as-needed basis. I had to do this to set and react to session variables:

  <% if ((Boolean)session.getAttribute("userloggedin")).booleanValue()
     { doSomething(); }
  %>

-David Castro
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Arun Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When using custom tags and the TagExtraInfo classes, is it possible to
> create
> scripting variables that are not objects, but rather basic types (i.e.
int,