Liart Junior wrote:

> I need a method to replace more than one character.
>
> Example:
>
> String test = "I need help";
> test.<method name>("help", "a function");
>
> returns = "I need a function."
>
> The method replace(), is used do replace a character to another character.
> I need  replace a string to another string.
>
> Thanks

Gidday Liart,
 here is the code I use, it has not been thoroughly tested but I have
used it for several years without a problem

String test = "I need help";
test = au.com.coolcat.TString.replace(test, "help", "a function");

    /**
    * replace all String flag in String input with String repacement
    * usage: au.com.coolcat.TString.replace(String input, String flag,
String replacement) <br>
    */
    public final static String replace(String input, String flag, String
replacement) {
        int pos = 0;
        int flagLen = flag.length();
        StringBuffer str;
        while( (pos = input.indexOf(flag, pos)) != -1 ) {
            str = new StringBuffer(input.substring(0, pos));
            str.append(replacement);
            str.append(input.substring( pos + flagLen ));
            input = str.toString();
            pos++;
            // System.out.println(input);
        }
        return input;
    }

cheers pb...

Peter Blakeley
[ coolcat.com.au ]

this(); // call my birth to check that all that is needed is.
;-})
.