Pete Walsh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm try to get a reference to one of my beans inside the code of a Jsp Tag I'm
> making.  When I declare the bean's scope to be page, and use the following
> statement in my Tag's doStartTag
>
> BeanName log = (BeanName)pageContext.getAttribute("BeanName");
> (where BeanName is the name of the bean ;)
>
> everything is ok., but my bean is supposed to have a scope of application.  So
> when I switch it to application, and use that line, log is null.  So how can I
> get this object?  I guessed that maybe applicationContext.getAttribute would
> work but it does not.  Thanks.

You've got a couple of choices:

* Use the findAttribute() method instead of getAttribute(), which looks in
  progressively larger scopes until it locates the bean.

* Explicitly declare which scope you want with a second argument:

    BeanName log = (BeanName) pageContext.getAttribute("BeanName",
        PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

See the Javadocs for PageContext for more information.

> Pete Walsh

Craig McClanahan