Lots of companies are jumping into 3RD Generation Phones, like Nokia is
releasing their phones in the coming 3-4 months...

the basic difference between the Mobile phones now and the 3rd Generation
Phones is that it will b able to access the HTML scripts as well as the WML
scripts.

Can someone tell me what is the use for WML if a phone can support HTML?
is WML just a short time step between the normal WAP enabled phones and the
3rd Generation phones?

Love Always,
Abhishek Shodhan.
Hans Bergsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
vijayaraghavan kannan wrote:

> Jsp and wml merge is still a dream which has to come in near future, jsp is
> limited to browsers but wml is something to plunge your cellphones or
> palmsets.

Can you elaborate? JSP can generate any type of text response, be it HTML,
WML, XML, or whatever. Just make sure that you use <%@ page contentType="..."
%>
to set the correct response MIME type. Everything that's not recognized as
a JSP element in a page is treated as "template text" and passed through
to the client untouched.

If you have had any particular problems with generating WML response, it
would
be very interesting to know what they are.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com