We are using BEA weblogic 5.1 and JSP. After I run weblogic & call few
initialize routines to load some data using our own connection pool I have
noticed that that whenever I send a request thru' the browser I see the
following line on the console then there is no response for about 20-45
seconds and then the first statement in the JSP is executed.

Fri Jun 23 14:58:25 EDT 2000:<D> <PosixSocketMuxer> Registering socket:
'weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP@bfedd94e - idle timeout: '60', socket
timeout: '5000', fd: '23'

Can somebody just give me some pointers as to the possible problems. I know
the problem description is incomplete. I am exploring the following areas

1. Since we are pre-loading lot of data (about 5-10 M)for performance
reasons so probably web logic is running into some sort of memory
limitations. I have tried configuring the startWebLogic.sh file and modified
the call to java to explicitly set the max heap size to 256M but this has no
effect.

Is there any thing else that needs to be configured??

2. Tried playing with http tunneling but this does not seem to be the case
either

3. We are not using any oracle connection pool so it does not look like a
database issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anu Soni