I already have the properties file setup the way u had specified,

I have the login bean for the initial database connection, then i get the
username and password entered and compare it with the values specified in my
customer table. After validation i need to go to the next jsp page. My
question is that will I have the connection to the database throughout the
session so that when i go to the different jsp pages and need to retrieve
data from the database, how do i do it?

Thanks