Thanks, Devon... informative discussion on possible situations where
Microsoft's asp might be acceptable.

Hopefully any Microsoft IIS lovers will forgive my reference to Cleopatra's
asp. Companies usually spend much effort to avoid such comparisons with
branded names and technologies. MS overlooked the obvious.

It's interesting that dangers of developing in unsuitable environments is
like handling a venomous snake. Considerable time is wasted in avoiding the
probable and mending those resource-bites as they happen...

MS' arguments that ASP may perform well in certain environments (MS NT IIS
with MS SQL 7) seem reminiscent of PC developer's defending dBase...
ultimately, product viability rests in advantages, not in yeah'but
arguments.

Do you believe that Graham Cruickshanks' list of JSP v. ASP pros and cons is
accurate?

Can you add to the JSP disadvantages list, or think of any ASP advantages?

Phil