Re: width and height.

I think (from memory) there's code in Jason Hunters book to read the width
and height of a .jpg from the file.

There's also code that uses ACME's encoders or Suns I forget and uses Image
in a Frame to render the image to encode and then spit it out in a servlet.

Actually, it's WROX's Professional JSP Photo database example that has the
width,height code I believe.