Well I guess anything we ever need to know is in a book somewhere, so why
the hell do we need this distribution list.......

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Preston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 5:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: include file problem

(I'm trying to resist saying, "Get a JSP book and look up the difference
between the include tag and the include directive." But I didn't quite
resist...)

The <%@ does the include at load time and is therefore static; the
<jsp:include does it at request time, and is therefore dynamic. With the
latter, you can do something like:

<%
String tempFile = "include.html";
%>
<jsp:include page="<%=tempFile%>" flush="true"/>

where (it should be obvious), the "tempFile" variable can be obtained from
anywhere.

--Jim Preston