HI Craig,
        fine, i got it at work...it was a problem in the XSL file...
i had a look at your example....so i did the same, i wrote the <?xml
version...  ?> after the custom tag...
isn't it possible, instead, to write straight the JSP in XSL.....
i mean that

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<%   jsp code code    %>
<mytag>
        <document>
                <content>blah</content>
        </document>
</mytag>

it would be interesting if it can be done like that..

Mr Daniel Lopez did something like this......at least i saw his example in
the archives, in May messages

thanx in advance for your reply and best regards
        marco