it's probably an IE 5.0 spec... but
onblur="window.focus();" can cause problems (it gives
focus to the open window and essentially locks users
out of the entire desktop, not just the parent page
(i.e. the application that launched the "modal"
window).

in IE and in Netscape there is no such thing as a
truly "modal" window... (showModalDialog should only
be used as a dialog)...

jp

--- "M. Simms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is that an IE Vers 5 feature or what ?
> It's not in the Javascript 1.2 specs.
>
> To simulate a modal dialog with a window.open, just
> "Trap" the "onblur"
> event and add this
> code for the handler....
> onblur="window.focus();"

document.write("javascript:window.open('/file.jsp','file','toolbar
> > =no,locati

on=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no,top=230,lef