hi

Normally all search engine works like that. You have to query
everytime to the Database Server even in 3 tier architecture.
One more alternate is using XML , where you can store all information
in XML file and generate the result. The XML file will have
mapping to the Table fields.

One disadvantage of using XML is only IE 5.0 browser supports, even
Netscape 6 doesnt support this.